Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Roommate Experience

At the age of 18 I lived in a rented room with a family member who was rarely home. At 19 I had my own apartment with my young son. At 21 I was married and paid for an apartment for my boyfriend in a city 200+ miles away, while I helped his grandparents by staying with them until we were married. We soon got an apartment, and then a home. I retained the house until after the divorce, then I got my own apartment, met the true love of my life and ythe the damn finally burst, after a year and a half of alcohol, bad decisions, my past caught up with me. I had to finally face everything that had happened, good and bad, and finally deal with it. My mind snapped. I lost my job and my ability to be a productive member of society. Then I met the love of my life and he rescued me. We lived together, and as my mind and body deteriorated he stepped up and took care of our beautiful daughter and his now 'crazy' wife. 
Life isn't easy, supporting a stay at home mom & a young daughter. 
We have found ourselves in a position where roommates are a necessity, to help both families. 
I have decided that having a small army of children is not for me. The 'introvert' side of me thrives in the calm at the moment, and having 3-7 children at any given time is an insane thought and decision. 
Whe life gives you lemons you make lemonade, as long as the children don't hide them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment